Monday, January 13, 2014

Be The Best Leader I Can Be



Abrams Leadership Philosophy: Be The Best Leader I Can Be

Mrs. Ingersoll’s Management & Leadership class at GBN has taught me what kind of leader I am now and what type of leader i’m going to be in the future. As the semester progressed, I learned more and more about myself, and my leadership philosophy grew and expanded. I learned to be the best leader that I can be. In order to do this, I must be proactive in all situations, put first things first, (don’t procrastinate) and to begin with the end in mind.






Being proactive:
Being proactive is very important in many situations, especially school, and the workplace. It is making sure you’re ready before something happens. In order to accomplish this, one must plan ahead to get ahead. For example, whenever I have a hockey game later in the week, my team always practices in order to prepare. My coach plans and organizes drills, while implementing in-game situations to make sure we have everything under control when it comes to game time.

Also, I eat healthier and make sure to get more rest the night before the game. One example would be choosing to eat a bowl of cereal with fruit for breakfast instead of a piece of pizza. I eat the cereal because I realize that starting the day off with a good, hearty breakfast is better than eating an unhealthy slice of pizza.
Beginning with the end in mind:
It’s always best to begin with the end in mind. This means you can’t start doing something without knowing why you’re doing it. You always have to know the reasoning behind your actions and you have to envision how this is going to turn out. It’s good to write down goals and ways to complete these goals. If i’m trying to lose weight, it would be easier to complete my goal of losing weight by making a meal and exercise journal. The journal can consist of when i’m going to work out, how many meals i’m going to eat per day, and keep a calorie count of my foods. It’s not only important to begin with the end in mind when talking about food and exercise, but also with school and work. A good example of this during school is; I have a paper due next week, so I can organize my paper by writing an outline which puts together my paragraphs and transitions. After my outline is done, I can begin working on my rough draft, make corrections, and finally print out my final draft.





No comments: