Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Leadership Philosophy

Leadership Philosophy: free rein

I look at the teachings of Milton Friedman and his economic views, basically that a true capitalist society will create and thrive. I like to take that philosophy and apply it on a smaller scale, in terms of a small group allowing people to speak freely and express their ideas and thoughts. Basically give them a basic foundation and create from there. I believe that that style creates the best results and the happiest workers. To me freedom creates.
But what I learned from 7 habits goes hand in hand with my philosophy. I seek to understand and to be understood. Because a misunderstanding can create issues in a group dynamic. I always try to make sure when i am explaining something that my audience understands. When i am part of the audience i am never afraid to ask questions to make sure, that i understand.
I believe that to get employees motivated there needs to be some sort of incentive, whether it be recognition, knowing that it helps others, or something with monetary value. But to each his own. different people work better with different incentives. I believe that everyone is an individual and should be treated as such.
I also believe that i should be someone that my group can trust and respect, I want to be the person that they go to with their problems. as many know that i have had a lot of personal experience and have dealt with a lot of personal trauma, so i feel I have enough life experience to help and benefit others

No comments: