Sunday, January 12, 2014

How to set the standard

My leadership philosophy is to lead by example. I have always admired the ones who were first in everything, so I strived to be the one admired. I feel like it was my job to be in the front of the line showing others how its done to set the tempo and a standard.

As I have grown I have became more confident in failure and learned that their is leadership in failure. Its not weather or not you fail. Its how you respond to failure witch reveals your true character. It is when you fail are the moments where you gain the respect of your peers or lose them completely.

Being in front is extremely important because not only does it show others that you want to be the leader, but it shows that your proactive and willing. I also believe being personable with people and showing that you care about each and every individual equally not only sets a positive atmosphere but also honesty and trust are admitted. Everybody works better when you can trust.

Something that 7 habits taught me was to think win win. Within every failure there is a win. I learned to be able to take a step back and look at the big picture through many different perspectives and come to the conclusion that the only way you reach success is through many failures. Although after a failure you may have disappointment, however it is a glorious opportunity at the same time to reveal your mistakes and to reflect on what to do different. I judge a true leader not based on his/ her success but how they responded to their failures.


No comments: