Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Good Will Mercouris

The Mercouris Chronicle: Leadership Philosophy

Leadership is diving for a loose ball, getting the crowd involved, getting other players involved. It's being able to take it as well as dish it out. That's the only way you're going to get respect from the players.
Larry Bird 

My leadership philosophy is very simple: getting everyone around involved and taking advantage of a situation that demands my leadership qualities. 

Management, Leadership, and Communication
I have always been a firm believer of what you put into something is what you will get out of it. I usually apply that to everything I apply myself too. I also have the belief of incorporating everyone involved with the current situation or project at hand. 7 Habits was a very inspiring novel and I have implemented to my philosophy one of the habits mentioned throughout the novel. That habit would be being proactive. My Uncle Dean always tells me, "If you want something done right, do it yourself." By acting proactive is taking assertiveness of the situation at hand and making sure that everything is complete. During the duration of this semester I have developed three principles. Those principles are organizing a Democratic leadership system, taking certain approaches to situations, and establishing a functional communication method. My Democratic principle is quite simple, get everyone's opinion on the current topic and decide towards the end of the discussion what will be our goals and strategy. Afterwards, as an individual or as a group, the expectations that were created will be executed and followed as planned. Everything must be done as followed in order and completed at there certain deadlines. I am a strictly on deadlines. If certain requirements are not met, then the whole project will not follow through and it will not be completed to the certain standards in order for the project to be presentable. In order for these standards to be met, each person or myself must take a specific approach to each goal. These goals, depending on the importance and time each is due, needs to be done with the utmost effort and time needed in order for it to be finalized. This is where communication plays a huge role. The importance of having a functional communication system is the key to success. In order for anything to meet the standards and to be done efficiently, the group or individual(myself) needs to communicate with each other or other sources. Those other sources could be group members, a teacher, or out of school source that is aiding you during your project or paper etc. The aspect of communication is helpful because things get finished, anxiety and the pressure to get a certain goal finished is less likely to happen, and the finalized product will meet the standards established during the preparation stage.

My leadership philosophy is as follows: establish a Democratic leadership system, taking certain approaches to the situations at hand, and communication. These principles if followed correctly will lead to success and the main aspect I am motivated to gaining from my peers and elders, Respect. The quote I chose perfectly explains my philosophy and comes from a man that has gained the respect that he was impelled to gaining all his life. That same proactive behavior empowers me to give 100% in my leadership philosophy and my goal of gaining everyones Respect.








No comments: